Let’s start by congratulating our winner, Yudelky C-V! Yudelky was our 355 entrant and, when we ran the random number generator to select our winner, lucky number 355 was the result (see below).
Yudelky’s audiobooks are in the mail (or, depending on when you read this, in her music player of choice). So what would Yudelky bring along for snacks? Like many of you, she considered each possible companion. A vampire? Yudelky is packing a mountain lion as a snack (be careful, Yudelky, and kids, don’t try this at home!). For a werewolf, though, she’s packing some chips, soda, and a couple dozen slim jims. So far, we’re digging the werewolf chow. And music? Here are Yudelky’s lists:
1. I am yours- By Jason Mraz
2. Realize- by Colbie Caillat
3. Chasing Pavements- by Adele
4. Sway- By Bic Runga
5. Good Morning Baby- by Dan Wilson & Bic Runga
6. Superman (it’s not easy )- by Five for Fighting
7. Say- by John Meyer
8. A case of you- by Joni Mitchell
9. No air- by Jordan Sparks & Chris Brown
10. Better in time- by Leona lewis
11. Everything – by Lifehouse
1. Shut up and drive- By Rihanna
2. I’ll do anything- by Jason Mraz
3. Inside out – by Von Ray
4. Stop & Stare- by One Republic
5. So What- by Pink
6. Leavin- by Jesse Mc Cartney
7. Baby I love your way- Big Mountain
8. Inside out – by Von Ray
9. Anyone else but you- by Michael cera & Ellen page (juno soundtrack)
10. Island in the sun – by Weezer
11. Wonderwall – by Oasis
Now, let’s talk, shall we? These types of posts are supposed to write themselves. That’s the conventional line of thinking. People send in all kinds of great stuff and it’s supposed to be a simple job of rounding it up, throwing it on the blog, and calling it a day.
Clearly, that line of thinking didn’t deal with the kind of response we go here on Suvudu.
We’ve run some great contests before with some incredible answers, but the depth of the answers we received for this one, combined with the volume, actually makes picking just a few great tidbits a difficult chore. Twilight fans, you rocked Suvudu and I’m sure I’m not just speaking for myself when I say I was really impressed with your response and creativity!
We received entries that ranging from full playlists, to song titles with lyrics, to accompanying YouTube music video playlists, and a bevy of interesting snack choices. So, you wanna know what we learned, see a bunch of the songs that were chosen, and some of the more interesting “snacks?” Follow me then and we’ll have a look.
Far and away our most popular travel companion. Team Edward is strong…very strong.
We noticed a trend here almost immediately. You see, we just assumed that you wouldn’t want to be a snack. Apparently, we were wrong. I can’t tell you how many times I read something along the lines of “Snacks? I would be the snack! *wink wink*”
Uh huh, wink wink indeed.
Moving right along, the second biggest snack choice involved animals of all sizes. After that, we’re looking at a lot of you heading to the blood banks. But that’s about where the trends run out. We received a few puns too, for instance, we had blood pudding and blood oranges show up.
But what were some of the interesting snack choices? Well…
“…(I) would bring the neighbors dogs who keep biting at my ankles when i walk by.” – Beth J. (That’ll teach ‘em! Of course, then you might have vampire dogs with a nipping problem. That could be trouble.)
“In the advent that the blood supply ran out, then I would stop somewhere near a large city and let them find dinner for themselves. It would be one of those ask me no questions and I will tell you know lies arrangement.” – Cindy N. (not New York, not New York, not New York…)
“I would make sure we had a wide variety of locations near national forest as well for food purposes. He could drain the blood and then we could cook the meat for me.” – Tanya (Nice approach, Tanya, practical)
Tanya also wrote, “To drink, lots of water and some caffeinated beverages for the night shift. Who wants to sleep with a hungry vampire next to you?” (Well, actually, if you look at my opening paragraph to this section…)
“Well, in order to keep my blood sweet, I would focus on protein snacks. Things like Ahi Tuna, cooked chicken meat for sandwiches, cooked sliced bacon, some Brie Cheese (and ritz to boot), Peanut Butter (for PB&J sandwhiches), sunflower seeds, and cashews.” – Shawna B. (Keep your blood sweet? Uh huh…sounds to me like someone is signing up to join Team Edward’s Snack.)
And then there was this…
“Snacks: Animal Crackers, Gushers, Stephen King” - Kenna A. (Um, wait, let’s talk about this first, okay? Clearly, someone is still sore about this. Stephenie, your fans will avenge your honor! And we’re just going to gingerly step away from this one…)
While vampires were clearly the favorite traveling companion, the werewolves had better snack options. Those of you packing for werewolves were likely to brings coolers full of steaks, hot dogs, hamburgers, cold drinks, and chips. Of course, many of you are also bringing doggy snacks. I’m assuming that this for for after a transformation and strictly for the werewolf…but I could be wrong (I’m not judging).
Interestingly, no one seemed interested in letting the werewolf nibble on them. All that fur, and they’re still not considered snugly? Apparently not. In fact, Lauren S wrote, “…all that fur on my car’s seats? No thank you.” Contestant Alison G. shared that same sentiment.
Natasha B. took it a step further, “First off, why in the world would I be hanging out with a werewolf? They smell like wet dog.”
Aww, poor werewolves. Someone show them some love and scratch them behind the ears. Someone other than me, because I don’t want my arm torn off. Luckily, a few of you came to their aid (so to speak).
Maggie W writes, “I’d go on a road trip with a werewolf…preferably Jacob Black. Even though I am team Edward all the way, Jacob would be the ultimate companion on a road trip. Jacob and I would head to all over the United States to see if we could find any other packs of werewolves (or shapeshifters, whatever they are), so that we could see if we could learn anything new about their species. Plus the trip would simply be fun considering I would actually be on a road trip with THE Jacob Black. Edward would be too busy with Bella and Renesmee to come along and even though Jake would miss Nessie, we’d be having the time of our lives…well my life seeing as he is immortal and all. Oh, and we would definitely be taking Edward’s Vanquish.”
Entrant lmjm pulls from both schools of thought, writing, “I would pick to take a road trip with a werewolf…I would also most definitely bring a lint roller for all the unwanted shedded hair that would get on my clothes.”
L. Picard (resisting Jean-Luc Picard reference…) wrote, “If it were Jacob than I would just bring Nessie along for the ride. She would surely keep him preoccupied for the entire trip. As we all know shapeshifters eat a ton! So for snacks I would bring TONS of sandwiches, junk food, drinks, and of course some blood for Reneesme. ” That’s some smart thinking there, L!
Diversity ruled the day here, we saw everything from Classical music to punk rock, rap to country. It would take me weeks to cull through all the suggestions and form detailed, well-broken down playlists, so instead of doing that, I’ve pulled out some tunes at random. Many people did include different lists for vampires and werewolves, so I’ve kept them seperated for these lists.
Before we get started, Stephenie’s playlists for Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, and Midnight Sun were the most consistent soundtracks. If you haven’t already, you should check them out!
And now, a very small sampling of the music that rolled in…
- Billie Holliday
- Miles Davis
- Ella Fitzgerald
- Louis Armstrong
- The Rat Pack
- Maybe some classical like: Bach, Tchaikovsky, Debussy, Handel, Vivaldi to keep it light!!
- Ice Ice Baby -Vanilla Ice
- Hero -Enrique Ingesias
- I’m a Slave for You – Brittney Spears
- Another One Bits the Dust -Queen
- Bring Me to Life – Evanescence
- I’m too Sexy -Right Side Fred
- The Taste -Five For Fighting
- Love Bites -Def Leppard
- Forever Young -Alphaville
- I Can Do Anything Better Than You -Annie Get Your Gun
- Stay’in Alive -Bee Gees
- Juicy – Better Than Ezra
- I Love Everything About You -Steve Poltz
- Thriller- Michael Jackson
- Don’t fear the reaper- Blue Oyster Cult
- Disturbia- Rhianna
- Daddy’s Hand- Holly Dunn
- Butterfly Kisses- Bob Carlisle
- Ache Breaky Heart- Billy Ray Cyrus
- Love Me Tender- Elvis Presley
- The Climb- Miley Cyrus
- The Old Rugged Cross- Alan Jackson
- Dawning of the Age of Aqarius- 5th Dimension
- Blood – My Chemical Romance – “So give them blood, blood, gallons of the stuff. Give them all that they could drink and it will never be enough”
- Reclusion – Anberlin – “There’s someone inside me that softly kills everyone around”
- Vampire – Ansty Pants – “I am vampire, I am a vampire, I am vampire, I have lost my fangs”
- Sexy Vampire – Belle Cullen Project – “Edward’s so hot he can set the house on fire, he’s one sexy vampire”
- Full Moon – Black Ghosts – “In the full moon’s light”
- Little House – The Fray – “Something’s scratching it’s way out”
- Hospital Bed Crawl – The Hush Sound – “And he likes the taste of blood and that’s just what he want from you”
- Seventeen Forever – Metro Station – “Won’t be seventeen forever”
- Twilight – Vanessa Carlton – “I’ve seen, I’ve seen Twilight”
- Forever Young – Youth Group – “Forever young, I want to be forever young, forever”
- Raining Blood-Slayer
- Love Song For A Vampire-Annie Lennox
- Dinner With Drac-Gorillaz
- Vampire Blues-Neil Young
- White Flag – Dido (I’m in love, and I always will be)
- D’yer Mak’er – Led Zeppelin
- Talking in Your Sleep – The Romantics
- I Wear My Sunglasses At Night – Corey Hart
- Vampires Will Never Hurt You-My Chemical Romance
- Don’t Want to Miss a Thing – Aerosmith
- Stay – Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs (Why won’t you stay, a little bit longer??
- I am a Vampire – Antsy Pants
- Galileo – The Indigo Girls (How many lifetimes need I live until I get it right?)
- Nocturne in C-Sharp minor
- Bad Moon Rising – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- The Blower’s Daughter – Damien Rice
- Use Somebody – Kings of Leon
- Sunlight Makes Me Paranoid – Elefant
- Werewolves of London – Warren Zevon
- How My Heart Behaves – Feist
- Lilac Wine – Jeff Buckley
- Flaming Heart – M. Ward
- Trying My Best To Love You – Jenny Lewis
- Girl From The North Country – Johnny Cash
- Actor Out Of Work – St. Vincent
- Your Protector – Fleet Foxes
- This Tornado Loves You – Neko Case
- We Both Go Down Together – The Decemberists
- Breathless – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- Starlight – Muse
- My Body Is A Cage – The Arcade Fire
- Wolves – Phosphorescent
- Something Is Not Right With Me – Cold War Kids
- Good Love – Bat For Lashes
- Forks and Knives (La Fete) – Beirut
- Clair de Lune – Claude Debussy
- Bark At The Moon-Ozzy Osbourne
- Of Wolf and Man-Metallica
- Wolf-Iced Earth
- Lycanthropy-Six Feet Under
- Trapeze Swinger – Iron and Wine (Tragedy of love gone wrong; separation death brings)
- You Might Think – The Cars (Song of obsessive, stalker-like love sung with humor.)
- She Blinded Me With Science – Thomas Dolby (Hey, scent is chemistry which is science!)
- Wolf’s Blood-The Misfits
- Moonlight Sonata
- Clair De lune
Finally, one last shout out here to Entrant Mayra C who wrote her answer out as an actual story. I mean, just…wow! Mayra, I don’t work in editorial, but I thought it was pretty good. Keep it up!
As I said before, we were all really impressed and excited at how much you all wrote in your entries. I wish we could have featured each and every one of you…but that would have required a whole new website. Anyhow, I hope it was as much fun for you as it was for me.
Team Edward? Team Jacob? How about Team Twilight? You folks rocked and I look forward to seeing you around here in the future.