There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Suvudu posted the First 50 Pages of Star Wars: Darth Plagueis by James Luceno. Matt Staggs posted an excerpt from 77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz, and he posted an article about Salem’s Lot by Stephen King. That’s not all though. Mike Braff also posted New This Month from Del Rey Spectra, and I posted Event Video: Brian Herbert.
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com is reading Chapter 1 of A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin, Pyr Books posted a map from James Enge’s This Crooked Way, and Orbit Books features Seven Days for Seven Princes!
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Suvudu week ending 1/7/12:
- Comment: Hugo Award Eligibility, posted by A Dribble of Ink
- Comment: Coming In 2012, posted by A Fantasy Reader
- Comment: Peter V. Brett News, posted by Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: The Emperor’s Knife by Mazarkis Williams, read by Fantasy Book Review
- Review: Child of Fire by Harry Connolly, read by Fantasy Literature
- Review: Hounded by Kevin Hearne, read by Graeme’s Fantasy Book Review
- Interview: Daniel Polansky, conducted by Grasping For the Wind
- Comment: Best of 2011, posted by The Mad Hatter’s Bookshelf
- Review: Dominion by C.S. Friedman, read by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Comment: Best of 2011, posted by Sci-Fi Chick
- Comment: Books of 2012, posted by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Suvudu readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…