For a short time, at least.
Raiders of the Lost Ark, one of the best movies of all time in my opinion, will be playing as a one-week limited engagement in IMAX theaters countrywide. I cannot share how excited I am about this. In a Hollywood that has seemed to forget how to produce quality movies—in all things story, character, acting, and special effects—Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are releasing a movie that epitomizes what I want on the silver screen.
The release of Raiders comes as all four Indiana Jones movies are released on Blu-ray, something fans have been eager for. Sure, the one-week special showing is to drum up support for Blu-ray sales, but it’s the best way to do it as far as I’m concerned!
Because I get to see Raiders on the silver screen!
Raiders of the Lost Ark has been restored, both in picture and audio, making for a fantastic movie event. It hits theaters today, September 7th, and will be in for one week only!
Some favorite quotes I can’t wait to hear at my local IMAX theater:
- Marion: You’re not the man I knew ten years ago. Indiana: It’s not the years, honey, it’s the mileage.
- Indiana: You want to talk to God? Let’s go see him together, I’ve got nothing better to do.
- Indiana: Snakes. Why’d it have to be snakes?
- Marion: You can’t do this to me, I’m an AMERICAN.
- Belloq: How odd that it should end this way for us after so many stimulating encounters. I almost regret it. Where shall I find a new adversary so close to my own level? Indiana: Try the local sewer.
I can’t be the only one thinking about seeing Raiders in IMAX glory. So my question is: Will you be seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark?