There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Suvudu featured the First 50 Pages of Bad Glass by Richard E. Gropp. Fictional Frontiers posted a chat with Star Wars author Aaron Alston. Logan Balestrino continued The Tolkien Re-Read. Matt Staggs posted Climate Change in Science Fiction, as well as an interview with Peter Heller. And I posted movie news about The Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks!
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com began its reread of A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin, Pyr Books posted their Dragon Con Signing Schedule, and Orbit Books published The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks!
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Suvudu week ending 9/15/12:
- Comment: New George R. R. Martin Novella, posted by A Dribble of Ink
- Review: King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence, read by A Fantasy Reader
- Review: The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks, read by Fantasy Book Critic
- Comment: Why You Should Read… Daniel Abraham, posted by Fantasy Literature
- Review: The Dirty Streets of Heaven by Tad Williams, read by Graeme’s Fantasy Book Review
- Interview: Alex Bledsoe, posted by Grasping For the Wind
- Comment: New Procurements, posted by The Mad Hatter’s Bookshelf
- Review: The Dirty Streets of Heaven by Tad Williams, read by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Giveaway: Jane: The Woman Who Loved Tarzan by Robin Maxwell, given by Sci-Fi Chick
- Cover: The Lands of Ice & Fire by George R. R. Martin, posted by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Suvudu readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…