There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Suvudu featured the First 50 Pages of Windhaven by George R. R. Martin & Lisa Tuttle. Fictional Frontiers posted a chat with author James Berardinelli. Logan Balestrino continued The Hobbit Re-Read. Matt Staggs posted The Romance of the Apocalypse Sarah Peed posted the venues for Star Wars Reads Day. And I posted the story & author list for my fantasy anthology, Unfettered!
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com continued its reread of A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin, Pyr Books posted James Enge Marches Through the Black Gate, and Orbit Books posted pictures from the UK tour for The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks!
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Suvudu week ending 10/6/12:
- Comment: Game of Thrones Not At HBO, posted by A Dribble of Ink
- Cover: Emperor of Thorns by Mark Lawrence, posted by A Fantasy Reader
- Review: Mage’s Blood by David Hair, read by Fantasy Book Critic
- Interview: Guy Gavriel Kay, posted by Fantasy Literature
- Review: A Guile of Dragons by James Enge, read by Graeme’s Fantasy Book Review
- Interview: Paul S. Kemp, posted by Grasping For the Wind
- Review: Year Zero by Rob Reid, read by The Mad Hatter’s Bookshelf
- Contest: Red Country signed by Joe Abercrombie, posted by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Review: Alchemystic by Anton Strout, commented by Sci-Fi Chick
- Review: Red Country by Joe Abercrombie, read by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Suvudu readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…