There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Suvudu featured the First 50 Pages of Oath of Fealty by Elizabeth Moon. Final Frontiers featured 15 Minutes of Fiction with Robert V.S. Redick! Matt Staggs Took Five with Peter Clines, author of Ex-Patriots. Thalia Sutton featured Greek Myth in Game of Thrones: Part 6, as well as the May 2013 New Manga Releases. Eric Geller featured the newest Star Wars HoloNet Digest. And I featured the new novella Grimoire of the Lamb by Kevin Hearne!
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com features what Expanded Universe stories would work for Star Wars: Episode VII, Pyr Books posted the 2013 Hugo Award Nominations, and Orbit Books posted an excerpt from The Tyrant’s Law by Daniel Abraham.
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Suvudu week ending 5/11/13:
- Delayed: The World of Ice & Fire by George R. R. Martin, posted by A Dribble of Ink
- Comment: May Releases, posted by A Fantasy Reader
- Review: Necessary Evil by Ian Tregillis, read by Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson, read by Fantasy Literature
- Guest Post: Shawn Speakman on Unfettered, posted by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Movie Trailer: Ender’s Game, posted by Sci-Fi Chick
- Review: Shield of Sea and Space by Erin Hoffman, read by SF Signal
- Comment: RIP Ray Harryhausen, posted by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Suvudu readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…
Shawn Speakman is the author of The Dark Thorn, an urban/epic fantasy hybrid novel bestselling author Terry Brooks calls, “a fine tale by a talented writer.”