There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Suvudu featured the First 50 Pages of A Study In Ashes by Emma Jane Holloway. Logan Balestrino continued his re-read of Fellowship of the Ring, just in time for the release of The Desolation of Smaug. Matt Staggs reviewed the video game Call of Duty: Ghosts, as well as featured news that a Game of Thrones video game would be coming from the same makers of the Walking Dead game! Eric Geller featured the newest Star Wars HoloNet Digest. And I continued to post Gifts for the Geek with Matt Staggs, featuring some of the coolest items to give that geek in your life this holiday season!
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com reviewed The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Pyr Books posted a giveaway, and Orbit Books posted the new covers for author Benedict Jacka and they are pretty sweet looking!
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Suvudu week ending 12/14/13:
- Comment: Peter Jackson and His New Elves, posted by A Dribble of Ink
- Excerpt: The Dark Defiles by Richard Morgan, posted by A Fantasy Reader
- Guest Post: Paul S. Kemp, posted by Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin, read by Fantasy Literature
- Review: The Desolation of Smaug, posted by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Giveaway: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison, conducted by Sci-Fi Chick
- Review: The Desolation of Smaug, posted by SF Signal
- Update: The Thorn of Emberlain by Scott Lynch, posted by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Suvudu readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…
Shawn Speakman is the author of The Dark Thorn, an urban/epic fantasy hybrid novel bestselling author Terry Brooks calls, “a fine tale by a talented writer.”