There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Suvudu featured the First 50 Pages of Magic for Returners by Kelly Link. Matt Staggs offers copies of Star Wars: A New Dawn signed by John Jackson Miller! And he posted the excellent news that Star Wars: Episode VII will deviate from heavy CGI. Emily Hughes posted a Q&A with Maze Runner author James Dashner. Eric Geller featured the newest Star Wars HoloNet Digest. And I shared the cover reveal for The Skull Throne by Peter V. Brett, as well as posted how his new novella, Messenger’s Legacy, came to be!
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com has featured a Mercy Thompson Patricia Briggs Sweetpstakes, Pyr Books wants you to check out Joe Abercrombie, and Orbit Books posted the Hugo Award Winners!
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Suvudu week ending 8/23/14:
- Comment: Ink Wins A Hugo, posted by A Dribble of Ink
- Comment: August Releases, posted by A Fantasy Reader
- Review: The 6th Extinction by James Rollins, read by Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: A Taste of Blood and Wine by Freda Warrington, read by Fantasy Literature
- Review: Assail by Ian Cameron Esslemont, read by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Movie Trailer: Automata, posted by Sci-Fi Chick
- Cover Reveal: The Skull Throne by Peter V. Brett, posted by SF Signal
- New Details: The Wheel of Time Companion, posted by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Suvudu readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…
Shawn Speakman is the author of The Dark Thorn, an urban/epic fantasy novel Terry Brooks calls, “a fine tale by a talented writer.”